What Ofsted says about our Students….
- Inspectors were impressed by pupils’ positive interactions with one another and adults.
- Pupils confidently mix, play and pursue their own interests.
- Pupils clearly enjoy their social interaction, often smiling and laughing.
- Pupils take pride in their work. They take care to complete the activities that they are set and do so with care and precision. This supports their good progress.
- Pupils speak and write with growing accuracy, confidence and fluency.
- The behaviour of pupils is good.
- Pupils are keen to attain high academic standards. As a result, they learn well.
- Pupils conduct around the school is good. They move around the school in an orderly manner.
- They typically treat the school environment with respect and most do not leave litter lying around.
- They understand and value people’s differences and other faiths and cultures.
What Ofsted says about our Staff….
- School leaders and other staff pride themselves on the good relationships that they build and care that they have with pupils.
- Staff are trained to recognise and support pupils in overcoming any barriers and challenges that they face
- Teachers have high expectations of pupils’ attitudes to learning.
- They provide pupils with opportunities to grapple with complex ideas, think deeply and respond with detail and fluency.
- Pupils said that staff are approachable and considerate of pupils’ mental and physical well-being.
- Staff know pupils well and give great attention to their safety and well-being.
What Ofsted says about our School….
- Pupils make good progress. The picture for current pupils continues to improve.
- In both key stage 3 and key stage 4, pupils are provided with the range of courses and learning experiences they require to support their good academic development.
- Pupils’ good examination results, including in English and mathematics, have extended their opportunities to follow courses at the level of which they are capable.
- Pupils’ social, moral, spiritual and cultural development is pivotal to the school’s ethos.
- The school’s work to promote pupils’ personal development and welfare is good.
- A wide range of extra-curricular activities and clubs for pupils…cater for pupils’ wider academic, cultural, artistic and sporting interests and are popular with pupils.
- Charity and fund-raising events……open their eyes to the world in which they live and the difference that they can make in it.
- Pupils have a clear understanding of the risks which might affect them and how to keep safe, including when online.
What Ofsted says about our Leadership….
- Leaders have significantly improved the standard of education provided at the school since the last inspection.
- Senior leaders are ambitious for all pupils. Leaders recognise their responsibility to maximise pupils’ life chances.
- Senior leaders have a clear understanding of the pupils and community that it serves.
- Senior leaders’ actions have secured effective teaching and good leadership at all levels. Leaders’ actions to improve teaching since the last inspection have led to better examination results.
- Leaders have the ambition and demonstrable capacity to further enhance the good quality of education which the school currently provides.
- They set high expectations of pupils and take effective steps to ensure that staff know pupils well.
What our Parents say about our School….
- A typical response to Parent View, Ofsted’s survey for parents, was that the school is, ‘… a welcoming, caring and passionate school that really does know every child.’
The final report will be published on the official Ofsted website soon.