We hope all our students will work hard and take an active role in the life of the school community. We value you and recognise that that you are the school community.
We aim to provide you with the following:
- A school in which you can thrive and in which your teachers and your peers will treat you with respect.
- A modern learning environment so that you have every opportunity to shine.
- An engaging curriculum that ensures that you not only achieve well in line with the National standards but also helps develop your creative talents and provides real life skills.
- A school community that values the involvement of your parents and carers and promotes the home / school partnership.
- Enrichment opportunities at lunchtime and afterschool so that you can discover as many of your talents as possible.
- Show good manners at all times. Respect all members of the school community (yourself, your peers, other students both younger and older, your teachers, managers, support staff and visitors.
- Be an ambassador for Loreto and wear your uniform with pride, value your learning environment and resources and keep them clean and tidy so that everyone can enjoy them.
- Work hard and achieve well so that you reach your full potential by completing your school work and homework to a high standard.
- Keep your parents /carers up to date with school life and pass on all communication that is placed in your care.
- Join in the enrichment opportunities so that you find your talents and develop your skills as much as possible.
- Arrive on time every day and keep your attendance level above 95% (unless you have a medical condition which prevents this from happening).
Enjoy your time at Loreto …….Where good things happen………….
Home School Agreement
- We will give your child a Loreto Catholic education appropriate to his/her age, ability and talents; and encourage him/her to take full part in the life of the school.
- We will strive rigorously for excellence in your child’s personal and academic achievement.
- We will expect your child to observe the rules of the school and to co-operate in maintaining a safe and healthy environment.
- We will keep you informed of your child’s progress, attendance and punctuality, of his/her successes and any cause for concern. When there are difficulties we will seek your help. We will look to you in enforcing sanctions and work towards finding a solution together.
- We will set, mark and record homework in accordance with the published timetabled.
- We will provide an environment that is attractive, safe and well resourced, conducive to producing the best work.
- We will develop the spiritual life of your child through the daily act of worship, study of the faith, celebration of the mass and the organisation of liturgical services, retreats and talks.
- We will support the school’s Catholic ethos.
- We will encourage our child to make the most of his/her talents and the opportunities offered by the school.
- We will support you in insisting that our child keeps the rules of the school, attends any catch up time and co-operates in maintaining a safe, healthy environment.
- We will ensure that our child attends school and is punctual. We will inform you of any problems, work with you in seeking solutions and support you in enforcing sanctions. We will visit the school when requested to do so.
- We will ensure that holidays are not taken during term time.
- We will support the Homework Policy, provide a suitable working environment and ensure homework is done. We will examine and sign the pupil planner.
- We will insist that our child respects and makes use of the facilities and arrives at school suitably equipped and in full, correct uniform.
- We will attend parents’ evenings to discuss our child’s progress.
- We will notify the Headteacher and the school’s Designated Safeguarding Lead of any issues outside school that may affect our children’s safety.
- I will always do my best to work well and behave sensibly in class. I will keep the school rules and behave in a way that is safe for others. I will not be involved in bullying others.
- I will attend as often as possible and make sure I am on time. If I do wrong, I will follow the sanctions imposed on me.
- I will do my homework carefully. I will complete my homework diary and planner properly.
- I will wear the full school uniform correctly. I will bring the appropriate equipment and I will respect the school building and grounds. I will keep the school free of litter and graffiti.
- I will act responsibly at all times both in and out of school.
- I will treat everyone with respect.