At Loreto High School we are passionate about Personal Development, it lies at the heart of our Loreto values.
Pupils experience Personal Development across our curriculum and through our extensive enrichment offer. At Loreto, our Personal Development intent is to:
- prepare pupils for life in modern Britain
- ensure pupils are responsible, respectful and active citizens
- promote equality of opportunity and an inclusive environment
- deepen pupils' understanding of British Values
- develop the pupils' character
- ensure pupils know how to keep themselves stay healthy and safe
- support pupils for the next phase of education, training or employment
Personal Development can be found across our curriculum but particularly in PHSCE, Science, ICT, PE and RE. More details can be found on our curriculum pages.
We have an outstanding enrichment offer. Details of our free lunch and after school clubs can be found below. Student Leadership is at the heart of the ethos at Loreto. Student Council, Justice & Peace, Sports Leaders, Pupil Chaplains and the Prefect Team (Y10& Y11) are open to all pupils.
The Loreto Crest Award is presented at the end of every term. This prestigious award, Bronze, Silver, Gold, is given to pupils who regularly attend extra-curricular clubs, read books from both our Academic Reading list and their own choice and who meet our Loreto standard for attendance.